Have you had it with the summer festivals? Or is your Fedora at the ready, waiting to stand in line for lukewarm beer and port-a-potties once more?
For those of you willing to continue the steady march of summer street fests, you actually have some pretty great options for the weekend.
- The Square Roots Festival is making its debut in the Lincoln Square neighborhood this weekend. Hosted by the Old Town School of Music, this event is all about craft beer and live tunes. What could be bad about that?
- Summer on Southport is another family-friendly pick for the weekend. This popular Lakeview locale will be jumping all weekend long. Don’t miss the Bruce Springsteen cover band on Saturday night (yeah, you heard right). Straight from Vegas. Might be interesting.
- In another news, Chicago is being overrun with fried chicken. Seriously. A new fried chicken restaurant opens nearly every day. Talk about a happy problem.
- Those of you on the north shore have a great opportunity to get up close and personal with Johanna Cook of Momma Cuisine when her French market Cooking Tour stops in Wilmette on Saturday morning. Johanna will be demoing a few of her “everyday” dishes. You will definitely walk away having learned something new to try in your kitchen.
- Oh yeah, and then there is the Taste of Chicago.
Whatever is on your plate this weekend, enjoy.